So I’ve started to blog! I have been saying since I first began my maternity leave that I should blog, and now, with only 3 months of mat leave left, here I am.
And I’m going to blog about marriage. Not necessarily my marriage, just marriage in general. Here are my reasons:
1. I read in once of Chris’ ‘Collide’ magazines that if you want to start a blog, it’s a good idea to pick a theme to talk about.
2. I think marriage is one of the greatest gifts God has given us.
3. I want my marriage and my friends’ marriages to be as strong as God would have them be, and, if in any tiny way, what I am writing about can be beneficial then I’ll do my best to keep at it.
And here are some of the challenges I am most likely going to face while writing this blog:
1. Trying not to sound like I have it all figured out, because I certainly don’t. My marriage is not perfect, but I love it and I love my husband!
2. I don’t want anyone who reads this to assume that just because I am talking about an issue, I have experienced it in my own marriage. Sure, me and Chris have been though some things, but a lot of insight I have gained is from observing other people’s marriages.
3. If you’re my friend, and you just read that, please don’t think that I am coming to your house to observe your marriage for the purpose of commenting on it in my blog… 🙂
My blog is called ‘So We Build’ taken from a song by Nichole Nordeman. It’s a real and honest song about her struggles in her own marriage and her commitment to rebuild. Have a listen: